Monday, January 24, 2011

Ethan's Sixth Birthday - The Kid Party

As you know, Ethan turned six years old in November (yes, I am still blogging in the past... I may even get to Christmas by February!!). This year we had his birthday on location. Ideally, boy parties should be outside where they can run and jump and be boys, but it's typically either snowing or super cold (or both) on Ethan's birthday, so we just decided to find a big place inside where they could do that (as our house is not really a great an option for that... so we have found). After much debate and consideration, we ended up at a bounce/rock climbing/game place.

Here are the highlights...

Super cute R2D2 cake made by a friend of a friend (thanks Michele!).


The first part of the party was in a game room which had shuffleboard, air hockey, some video games (Wii type really), an air nerf gun (for shooting small balls at a target) and a small rock climbing wall.





Then we moved into the party room where they had cake and ice cream and opened gifts.

I could not get Ethan to just look at me while they were singing happy birthday, he was too intent on the juice.

A happy cake eating birthday boy.

After that, the last half of the party was in the big inflatable room with the giant rock wall. I'll be honest, it was hard to get good photos as there were kids running all over the place at lightening speed. I have a ton of photos from this portion of the party showing blurs of children, literally, blurs. I was really disappointed when I got home and looked at the photos and saw this, especially since I found I had hardly any good ones of the birthday boy himself. Steve reminded me though, that just because there aren't photos, it doesn't mean he didn't have a good time. And he's right, they all had a great time, especially Ethan.
The giant rock wall. The kids had to have harness and an employee supervised. This was a big hit with the kids, however Ethan had no interest.

Oliver and Collin on the slide - notice Oliver going head first (a no no by the way).

My attempt to get a photo of the room. The rock wall was to my left side. There were four inflatables, you can't see them all.


Ethan and Andy coming down the giant slide. One of the few photos of I have of Ethan, as he didn't stand still for one second. I love this photo though, it is of pure joy.


Steve and Collin on the slide at the end of the obstacle course (Steve had to help Collin through it).

Oliver getting some help from David in the obstacle course. Oliver did really well, as you know he thinks he is six years old, but towards the end he was getting really tired.

Andy, Ethan and Jayden... I begged him to sit for one moment so I could get a photo! LOL

The whole happy group.

The party was a success based on the smiles and laughter, as well as some tears when it was time to go.

I asked Ethan on the way home if he had a good time. He said, "I had the best time ever and it was all because of you. Thank you mommy, you are the bestest mommy ever. I love you."
Uh, wow... *warm fuzzy*... I think I got the best gift of all.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin